We were going to go to open mat Saturday, but I was feeling much under the weather and I had to go into work for a few hours anyway. Sunday, I had to go back to work again. A few of the guys from the club had planned on going in around 5, so I asked my BF if we could go once I was done at work. He didn't want to go:(
I still wasn't feeling well, I just wanted to move around and get some sort of exercise to flush the cortisol from the weekend stress. He agreed reluctantly. Once we got there (hes grumpy and its no-gi) we went over some side control stuff. Things I could do similar to what the purple belt showed my on Thursday. Bear with me as I try to explain...Basically getting head control-over under, one knee pinning the hip, the other sprawled. If the under person gets their elbow under the sprawled hip, loosen one of your arms grab their poking elbow arm by the tri and get into a kesagatame . Now take your far leg and swing over their head, keep good hip pressure on face and arm and really pin the arm you grabbed by the tri and carefully walk round the person on your toes keeping it pinned and walk and walk some more until you get on the other side grab under head tiiight while re-pinning you far leg to their hip and create a tight tight tight little space with your elbow and other knee. Now you have control of their whole upper body. Now try to take mount and don't let those arms get out. Then we went over a few thing to do from there. Get S mount and CRUSH. Armbar. Triangle. T'was fun.
BF was still grumpy, so we rolled and he cheered right up :) we rolled for Maybe 45 minutes, then he rolled with one of the other blue belts for another 30 minutes or so. That's it!
Felt so much better after moving around, even if it was for just a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment