Last Tuesday Intermediate Class--> Our purple belt instructor will be leaving us again next week as he is going in for knee surgery. His class will be taken over by the purple and black belt that covered for him while he was on holidays.
Regular warm up of various shrimps, rolls and jogging.
Huge class that Tuesday, never seen it that packed. They had the new people go further down the mat with one of the purple belts. I suppose to go over some basic stuff while the rest of the group went over the few triangle escapes from guard that we've been covering for the past couple of weeks.
I keep banging my hand and cracking the sprained finger. Ive just accepted that its going to hurt no mater what so, whatever...
After technique, we drilled-rolled from the triangle in guard. First round, was with a white belt, after our roll, he informs me that he HAD FOUR HERNIATED DISKS IN HIS NECK!!(or something like that?!) wtf. I asked if he wanted me to loosen up and take it down a notch but he insisted that I do no such thing. After class I was thinking about it..I should have refused to roll with him, what if I hurt him, what if I worsened him...not the brightest decision for either of us. I do not think I will take that chance again and roll with him. No Sireeee. Nahhh-uhhhn.
Advanced Class warm up was super fun, various jogs, shrimps, rolls, break falls, partnered core work. We went over four points escapes and an option to get one hook in to set up chokes. After technique we rolled for 30-35 minutes.
I cant remember the order of the rolls, but I got some nice feedback and a few 'you rolled good today!' Apparently I've been getting compliments behind my back to my BF. :P
I give him props, he spends a lot of one on one roll time with me out of class! <3
Learning curve is steep and I know that soon enough it will plateau and ill get frustrated. Its coming.
Wednesday I went with my BF to the college for his BJJ class (about 18 students and 2 girls!) I think the college is supposed to order Gis for them, but nothing yet, so its been all no-gi. Overall the class was fun and the kids are eager to learn!
I got invited for drinks tonight to welcome one of our new show Directors. I don't know if Ill go. We all ready usually go for drinks after BJJ class on Thursdays...But it would be a good time to schmooze with some of the good folk here from the Studio ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment