Friday, September 10, 2010

Thursday BJJ

After Pierre's, I met my BF at home to go to BJJ.
We were both running a little behind and got there about 5 minutes late.


Intermediate class
Jumped in mid-warm up. Forward wide rolls, back rolls, various shrimps etc.
We were still going over the various triangle escapes from earlier this week and last week. We paired up a few times and started our rolls from the Triangle. First with our original partners x3 then reverse x3. Once that was done we rolled mixed, bottom person practice throwing on the triangle while top person defends.
Then we played king of the mat. Nothing really special to report. No 'Ahhh-ha!' moments.

Advanced class
Biggest class I've seen so far for advanced class. Maybe 20?
Warm up- run knee up, heels back, inside, outside, 3 in 3 out, judo break falls, various shrimps, various rolls etc.
We went over control 4 points and 3 different escapes from under. We didn't go over technique very long then we rollllled.
since there were a lot of people and i was at the end of the line, I got to sit out on the first roll. :(
First roll(for me)with a white belt, felt good, just focused on passing his guard. Bumped my lip, just a touch of blood...having braces makes it really easy to cut my lips. (One of the first times I started Oly, we were going over the Jerk portion on the 'Clean and Jerk' and I smashed myself clean on the bottom lip, bled quite a bit...haha! Ill tell you I never made the mistake of getting my face in the way of a flying 15KG bar again.)
Second roll with a blue. Solid little guy, like a little ball of tight muscle. we bonked heads a now I have an egg on my right side. We kept rolling right into the walls with so many people there. I had fun with this roll.
Third was with a purple belt, the big purple. Heavy dude, there's no way I can bridge this guy, got my life crushed. He said I rolled noticeably smoother and better than last time!
Fourth was my first roll with the other black belt. Hes tall, long and lanky like a spider. When he finished he said some really positive things: noticed that I'm starting to be able to put things together smoothly and starting to think faster-transition into the next thing. yay yay yay! :)

After class big Purple wanted to roll again to show me a few things. How to recover and avoid someone controlling one of your arms-crossing it over that midline---how to re-post and get back a base. We also went over what I could do when someone rolls onto their side (I always stall when I get there :S). Various chokes and quick transition from there into armbar etc. Helpful stuff on hand placement. Divide and conquer are the words that sunk into my head that class. Isolate a part then attack.


Ive been super cranky, PMS is here...BF has been getting the blunt end of it :(
-Don't touch me, cuddle me, you are smothering me. Then 5 minutes later I turn into a suck and want re-assurance that nothing will tear us apart and love love love, blah, blah, blah blah...then cry...then I come to the realization that I'm being the PMS girl and the apologies come pouring out. I hate it, I cant control it and it seems that every month that the emotional side of it is getting worse. And if its not the emotions then its cramps from Hell. Can't win, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment