Thursday
My mind is fuzzy, cant remember all the detail from last week..
Intermediate class we recapped what we did on Tuesday, Triangle escape from guard. Had a few guys that weren't there on Tuesday.
Advanced class, we started with a bit of Judo. I just learned how to place (dance lol) my feet properly. Some-kind-of-over-the-hip hook your elbow in your opponents armpit and toss with your shoulder delt-tri insertion area.
We recapped some chokes, then we rolled for about 30-35 minutes.
My first roll of the night...ughhh. Mr.Spazzmasterzilla, a white belt, apparently he had been at the club before a few month ago.
He came at me sooo hard, viscous. felt like he was going to rip my head off. I tapped twice...I wasn't going to play 'tough girl'. No way I was going to let myself get injured. One of the guys who was doing the timer (usually the odd guy out or someone taking a break) walked over and told the guy to calm it down a bit. I guess I looked how I felt LMAO. Second roll was with another white belt, HE is so much fun to roll with, tapped him with a rear naked choke (Yay!), really nice guy. Third roll I can't remember. Fourth was with one of the black belts, made me focus on controlling the head and neck and trying to get in mount. Afterward he said he wasn't going to take it easy on me next time and we were going to go for realz haha! ;) Im in trouble T_T
Fifth was with My BF's old roomie, big strong purple belt, told me to just come after him. He says to me 'didn't think 200lbs + guy could move that quick did ya?!', kept getting my back, I couldn't for the life of me scoop down my butt and roll out, his legs were so strong. After class he spent 10-15 minutes helping me with a open guard pass---> use your head as an appendage, you can use your free arms for other things. Sprawl, crush your opponent legs, reach under tight and move his legs or arms or what ever it is, out of the way. If something isn't working, move on. Keep your opponents hips pinned on both sides, don't allow him to turn or shrimp. Control. Overall theme I seem to need is stay tight use your body weight to stay close--prawl-hug- become a slippery lump that they cant move off them.
Saturday
Saturday morning we went in for open mat. There was a black, brown, 2 purples and 3 blues. We had decided to do no-gi as all our gear was dirty. We went downstairs for a warm up, break falls, back rolls, forward rolls, side-over the shoulders-neck rolls, some kind of weird butterfly schooch forward and back.
We went upstairs when we were done, rolled just my BF and me for 2+ hours. Time flies when you are having fun!
Highlights of the day were knocking him on his butt (he was standing and I was on my back) and getting an Armbar from mount. I Prrreeetty sure he gave it to me, but he said I earned it. Riiiight.
No comments:
Post a Comment