Tuesday Intermediate class
We had our regular purple belt instructor back. After warm up, we recapped and went over the triangle escapes we covered last week. Then we rolled a few time starting from the triangle position. I was exhausted for whatever reason, I honestly don't know why I was so winded and weak. When class was over I was debating if I was going to have enough energy for advanced class. I knew if I chose not to participate, that I would kick myself in the butt for missing out on all the fun. So glad I did!
Advanced class
After warm ups and a touch of Judo, we once again recapped what we did last week as well as a new lapel choke.
After technique we rolled for about 30-35 minutes.
First roll was with a small blue. I can't remember anything special--just trying to survive and get mount-side control or what ever I could...
Second roll with a white, he keep pulling effin spider guard on me, it hurts my biceps. Gotta ask my BF to go over it with me.
Third roll was with a purple belt. He had a hurt shoulder, so I was trying to be careful and not a spazzy ma'gee. I tried to stay low, heavy, sprawl and be a lump on top. He let me work out ideas in transitions..Omoplata, armbar etc. It was probably my favorite roll of the night.
fourth roll was with my BF's old roomie, the heavy purple. I tried to stay low and use my head like he had told me to last week. He must have been using me as a dummy to practice leg locks and stuff because I kept tapping out from it...(my knees were sore the next day) Oh yah, he also let me work in a rear naked choke. I thought I didn't have it, but I decided to just hold it like a vice and it eventually worked...
Fifth roll was with our intermediate class instructor (purple) Made me work on getting mount and head control, worked on getting back and chokes from there. After class a few of us sat around and the guys helped me out with ways of getting hooks in without losing balance and whatnot.
Yesterday was my BF first class teaching at the college. Originally he hadn't asked me to go. (some of the guys suggested I tag along so that if there were any girls at all that signed up, that it might make them more inclined to stick to it if they saw a female all ready there) Well I didn't go, because my BF didn't ask me until the last minute...honestly, I guess I was a little annoyed. But I'm kicking myself in the butt now. He had an awesome time! 20+- students and 2 females! One of the purple belts from our club went to give him a hand, he also said that he had a blast.
Darnnit. Next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment