Lifting
Snatch Day.
I hate snatch day.
Snatch from blocks. Working on catching the bar in the deep squat. For the life of me, I keep power snatching. I am having a real mental block with full snatching. Few things I need to work on:
-Think of my knees and legs as actual cushions and DROP my butt fast.
-Grow some balls and just commit to the lift.
-I need to really start looking up and throwing my head way, WAY...way back. Exaggerate the movement.
Technique work = no heavy lifts today.
20kg x5
25kg x5
30kg x3
37kg
37kg
37kg
39kg - fail- the mental block garbage
37kg
37kg
37kg
Front squats
45kg
55kg
65kg
70kg
75kg
80kg -fail
78kg
Back extensions with bar on back on the GHD
2 x10
Advanced Class BJJ
Small class today. Today was all about guard breaking, sitting, standing and transition to triangle and armbar.
5x 6 minute rolls.
Nothing special. Just trying to survive. Mr. Pancakes did not spend the entire time squashing me. He did land really hard on my sternum with his knee, it knocked the wind right out of me. Usually after our rolls he always jokes that if he wasn't 70-100lbs heavier than me, that I would probably beat the poo out of him. Mehhhh...
After class BF and I went home, showered, cooked up some steak and asparagus, played with the puppy and went to bed!
I am really looking forward to this month to be over. I get to finish up this current contract (Supervising on 'Fish Hooks' for Disney) and start on a new one. I am excited for a different pace, style and crew for this next show, Season II of 'Stella and Sam'.
No comments:
Post a Comment