Friday, April 15, 2011

Thursday

Lifting

I should have just skipped lifting yesterday as being sick all week had left me feeling weak and gross, but I really wanted to do some Cleans. 

Warm up with a few Cleans from hang. (start at hip, not the floor)
3x 25kg
3x 35kg
Full Clean and Jerk
45kg
50kg
57kg
61kg-fail
59kg
61kg-fail 
Okay, now I am getting pissed not only because last week I did 63kg and I was supposed to *up that*----> but  because new girl just power cleaned 68kg. (power cleaned =caught it almost standing)   She says that she sits at 69kg---> I am 5'4 and sit at 58kg on a bad day.  So percentage wise I lift more than my body weight therefore I SHOULDN'T be beating myself up.  Besides, I really, really like that there is someone there I can internally compete with, it lights the fire under my ass and gets me working HARD.  With lifting, getting pissed is a GOOD thing!! 
Pierre knows that I am grumpy and tells me to do 5 singles at 57kg
57kg
57kg
57kg
57kg
57kg

Back squat
One of the junior competitors is working in with me, he is a 14yo boy who literally works out 6 days a week and sometimes 2x a day.  Pierre knows I respond well to competition so he says we will see who out squats whom.  I respond with 'I am sick!' and then the kid retorts with 'yah, well I'm only 14!'  Touché.
Sound like I am making excuses? Yah, well I probably am haha! 
135lbs
165 lbs
175lbs
185lbs
195 lbs
205lbs
I had to leave for class, so I had to call it quits there.



BJJ
We worked on standing in guard, breaking and passing, same as last week. 
Rolling for 45 minutes. 
Nothing special.  I got a roll in with one of the bigger Blues.  The roll mostly consisted of getting toppled over, squished to side control, then me working to get my bony little knees in to regain guard.  At one point he had me in 100kg---he scooped me right up onto his lap and closed his elbows to his knees. I was actually, really trapped,  I thought it was pretty funny.  Overall I had a really fun day. Fun days are the best!!
Oh,  ahhhhhnnnd.... One of the other blues mentioned to my BF that my guard passing was getting fierce.  I guess all that frustration and practice that my BF has been doing with me... maybe starting to pay off?!  ;)


Two guys front the club  have fights tonight, one of the them is the main event.  A small group of us decided to get a table for the night.  Should be a good time.  It will be my first time at the fights...kinda excited:)














No comments:

Post a Comment