Tuesday
Feeling lazy, it was snowing, cold and wet. We were late, and I got an earful for not being able to be there Saturday.
I smashed my knee really good, almost feels more like a pull- or something other than a bruise. Overall I had a really fun class.
I actually tried pulling my hair up differently, and it worked!! I only reset it once. But, Ive decided to cut it anyway. The time has come, long luscious hair, you are gone!
Wednesday
BF's class. Holidays are coming, less and less students, exams etc. A whopping 4 students yesterday.
WU: Various rolls, Shrimps, Seal walk (on belly, arms tucked to sides and push with only your triceps) Bottom series drills, Armbar-triangles, kimura.
Technique: Arm Bar escape from guard, Armbar escape from bottom. Link the two together- person armbars you, they sweep you over, then you escape.
Position and movement drills: 4- 4 minute rounds.
First one was with my BF. First 30 seconds, I was demoralized, my very soul crushed. I wasn't feeling it, he knew I was being passive and lazy, so he called me a wimp...then I got angry and turned it on for the last 45 seconds. Ha!
Second: I honestly can't remember.
Third: Mr. chokemasterzilla. He is vicious, I tease him and actually call him chokezilla when I ask him to the mat. Tap tap tap, defend triangle- defend choke and end up being kimuraed instead, he cranked my bad shoulder- it still hasn't healed fully from like...6 months ago- keeps getting irritated, but I have no right to complain as I know I should be doing my remedial work on it, like Pierre said and my old coach Dan said almost a year ago. (do some rotator junk with light weight, technique jerk, handstand push ups) Have I actually done any of it? Well...for a while, ha!
Fourth: Sat out, 2 guys I hadn't rolled with, too big, I don't need to get cranked again.
After class, one of the guys wanted to go over stuff with my BF. So they rolled and discussed. I listened, I rolled out my back on various size medicine balls, cracked and popped out some knots, then played on the big yoga ball: stability-trying to stay on my knees as long as possible, then just stretch out on it, it felt nice.
Side note
Look what I saw today on Facebook. The Coach at Capital Strength was 'tagged', so I took a gander, only to find... ME!! (right hand side doing Snatch from the blocks)
Strength+ Magazine, November 2010, back cover
Side note
Look what I saw today on Facebook. The Coach at Capital Strength was 'tagged', so I took a gander, only to find... ME!! (right hand side doing Snatch from the blocks)
Strength+ Magazine, November 2010, back cover

No comments:
Post a Comment