Monday, December 13, 2010

Last week.

I waited all week to write, now I can't really remember anything :(

Went to class at the Club on Tuesday and Wednesday I managed to get off my lazy butt and go to my BF's class.  I'm glad I went because one of the purple belts from the club came in and helped out with the class. We ended up doing a few Wrestling drills- standup- take downs and whatnot.  I do remember the rolls being particularly fun too :)
Past few weeks, my BF has been leaning the class a little in the competition route as there is a small No-Gi comp coming up early January.  I think he will have 4-5 students participating.  I kinda- half ass debating on doing it too- It would be a good first comp to do since it will be local and smaller.   I really don't know what kind of girls there will be...I really don't have a clue.  I don't know how I would feel if the Blues and Whites were lumped together for lack of female participants...but on the other hand-- who cares, its for fun right?

Thursday at the club they had a few promotions, 3 boys got their blues, a few more got some added stripes and a Purple was promoted to Brown.  They all got their backs whipped pretty good...I couldn't bring myself to participate, so I just watched with a grin on my face ;)
Next time...

We were going to go in Saturday, we really really were.  One of the boys had his GF down from another Club, I was looking forward to going in, and getting a feel for rolling with a different body-female type.  But...we slept in and I had to go to work for 1pm.  Just bad timing.   I was kicking myself in the butt all weekend...no exercise + no rolling + work on a Saturday = Grumpy B*tch.
Then we wanted to go watch the fights but we were both just bummed that day I guess...


Side note, I really getting sick and tired of having my hair all over the mats.  No matter how much I brush it before hand...it just gets yanked out, caught in everything,  ponytail or braids--Ill have to reset my hair like 10 times during the night... all the loose hair falls out.  Its a silly thing, but also very annoying...

How do you ladies control your hair?? :(

3 comments:

  1. I'm bummed Saturday didn't work out, either! Maybe I will randomly head up to Ottawa next term, you never know.

    Also, hair is a pain, but I don't want to cut mine short. I have heard of girls wearing wrestling caps. There is a lot more discussion on Juila's blog, here.

    I still haven't learned to braid mine, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    I would really like that!

    I remember reading Julia's post a while back, I just never thought to go back and read the comments later on... Really good ideas!
    I'm seriously debating on cutting it bob length, longer in the front- shorter in the back-partners hands wont get caught up in a tangled mess when fiddling with the collar, but I would still be able to pull the longer pieces off my face...
    Yesterday, I tried putting it in a half ponytail, then took the rest separately and added it to that ponytail, then braided it. I only had to reset it once!!
    Change is good, and getting rid of 'split ends' is also good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol- oh yah, I totally got hell from some of the guys for missing Saturday ;)

    ReplyDelete