This past few days stress is taking its toll. I couldn't sleep monday night. I kept waking up with a fear that I wasn't going to get enough sleep, waking up because I was just so tired. And the best part, was that during one of those moments when I woke up, it wasn't even from fear...I was from pain. My BF was digging his gd elbow into my spine. Not the meaty, padded, spinal erectors, but right on the spine--- down each veterbrea. Why? Because he was dreaming about fighting...about BJJ. lmfao...ughhhh. Sarcastic tone...*funny*
Monday, I developed this nasty cramping, knot in my lower neck-traps and rear delts. Work ended up being a non- stop, go-go-go day. Teamed up with bad posture, poor seating arrangement left me irritated, grumpy and drained. I DID not want to go to my BF class, but after laying down for 10 minutes watching some SouthPark-Jersey Shore Episode...it was Snooki who just put me in the right mood to get of my butt and stop making excuses to be lazy...
Lets go back in time now...
Saturday
Went to open mat. Lots of people, lots of fun, nothing special to report, I only got to roll with My BF. I have acquired this nasty bruise on my leg somehow over the last week, its swollen and when I walk I can feel the mass of blood bruise move with it...its kinda gross...it even hurts in places around it where there is no visible marking. Rolling was...delicate for the most part. Frequent cringing as inevitably my leg would get caught, touched, grabbed etc... My BF and I also bonked our heads 2x and I caught an elbow on the back of my head...I think he felt bad..so he did not even end up rolling with me that much and let me sit out...oh well :(
Sunday
Went to see Harry Potter!
Monday
Wu: Jogs, rolls, shrimps and bottom series drills 5x side.
Technique: Small class today (6) He asked what people wanted to do, so he went over S Mount to armbar. Me= guinea pig= crushed.
Position and movement drills: 3 rounds of 4 minutes. 2on bottom-2 ontop. I was being a weiner and sat out since it was an uneven number and I didn't want to make my bruise worse for tonight's Gi class. Someone hurt their hand, so I jumped in to replace--with Mr. Chokemaster. No chokes...no triangles... right away...then all chokes and triangles...I defended and avoided, then he just kept coming...tap tap tap...oh well.
Im glad I went, instead of staying at home and sulking and worrying about stress and sleep...
last night I slept way better ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment