I haven't had proper time to post, as work is pretty busy right now, then I get home, and it ends up being a rush to do something else. Also, I offered to train some employees in the hope to fix some hiccups in the production pipeline on the current project. I'm kinda stressed about it...I need to just learn to ---> chill. I've been struggling for years with the 'problem' of NOT leaving work at work, but bringing the stress home and letting it affect the rest of my life. I love love love my industry, but I need to let go when I leave the workplace. Life is supposed to be fun and enjoyed. Work to live... not live to work, no?
Sunday
Went in later at night for a bit of open mat...just 5 of us, 3 blues and ...a GIRL. Imagine that. She is a white belt, shes been doing it a for quite a while, I think she took a year off while living abroad. Her BF and her are just moving back. Well... she is obviously here now, but he is coming back shortly. It was fun to roll with her, At first I was scared to hurt her (female instinct to protect, maybe? no?! I dunno.), she is very petite, (I say petite, but she is tall and very slender and not to toot my own horn...but, I am deceivingly strong for my size--- >due to years of lifting heavy)She has very pointy little elbows, good for sticking into small spots.
Monday and Wednesday
BF classes
WU: rolls, jogs, shrimps etc. He finally introduced bottom series drills. Arm bars, Triangles, Omoplatas, Kimura. 5 a side for now. (I think he wanted them to learn each one on its own first as well as wait to see which students become regular...maybe?)
Technique: Mount escape, Flower Sweep.
Position and movement drills: Same thing as last week. This time I made a point not to sit out and let the other students roll. Had a few good ones...actually all were fun.
Ill come back later...to add. gotta get back to work...
Hey Liane: How long have you been training BJJ for?
ReplyDeleteI haven't been at Ronin's for a while now - otherwise there would be *3* girls there!
Ashley,
ReplyDeleteI just renewed my membership last week (3 month memberships)
I was going in for free for about a month before they decided to start making me pay ;)
I heard that you are pretty busy with school still? BUT.. if you ever come down this way to visit your BF, you should come in for sure and let me know, haha! :D
Cheers,
L
yah, I haven't been up to Ottawa yet this term! Maybe sometime in December, though. If we're heading to open mat I'll make sure that you know!
ReplyDelete