Monday, December 06, 2010

Quick update.
I've been really busy lately with work, spending a few extra hours at work randomly trough the past weeks and a few hours over the weekend...even spent some of the day at work on my BF's Birthday :(
I'm so stressed. Two weeks ago, I decided to skip out on one of my bf classes because I thought it would better to stay at home and chill... Watch movies and do nothing for an evening. The same week I decided to skip out on Thursday classes and work late. I slept like garbage that week. Dreamt about work, waking up exhausted, drained, bummed out and kinda hating life all around. The following week I told myself that I had enough, staying at home and sulking thinking about all the reasons why I feel the way I do, thinking about what I need to do. Basically wasting brain power stresssing about things that are out of my control when I leave work. Why bother making yourself sick like that.
So last week I struggled to shake off the negative fuzzies and went to class Monday, Tuesday, wednesday, Thursday and then Saturday for open mat. Guess whhhhaaat? I feel so much better. I don't think about work, I don't dream about work and I don't feel bad for not spending 12hours straight without break at work.
Lesson: exercise is good for the mind, body and soul.

Good book that kinda relates to that subject---> Spark.

4 comments:

  1. Heh - that's the second post I've read today that mentioned BJJ made them feel better after a stressful/depressed etc time (this is the other one).

    It would be really interesting to see some kind of test where you had a bunch of people suffering from something like stress or depression, had the control group continue with conventional therapy, and the rest go down to jiu jitsu class for a couple of weeks/months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Agreed. No BJJ for Dagney=evil, grouchy, bad place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine what Olympic athletes-Pro athletes go through when they sustain a serious injury and cant train...

    Im glad I know myself enough, that if I really feel bummed, I can just pick up a Kbell for 15 minutes...that is, if I can get off my lazy butt!

    ReplyDelete