I am in a bad mood.
So right before we had to leave the house for class, Kesa decides to take a poo right on the floor.... she only let out a little bunny nub, but as I was scrambling for her leash, she ran around and ATE it! She ate her poo. We were 10 minutes late for class, but when we got there they hadn't even started yet
Last night Intermediate class was taught by the other Black belt. He is always upbeat, positive, smiling, joking, really fun and always makes you feel very comfortable. We went over our top series drills nice and slow, really focusing on what we were doing and not just 'rushing' through the movements. After drills we went over linking and transitioning on a series of moves. Armbar from Mount, transition into Omoplata to Triangle and then back to an Armbar. We did this for most of the class.
Advanced class. Bottom series of drills. Then we worked on S mount. Finding the most uncomfortable spot for your partner. Then option to do an armbar or Americana from there. After technique we rolled. I was the odd one out the first time. Second round, with a blue, I was klutzy and I blanked out when I got into side control, my mind sluggish...irritated. Round 3 with my BF. this was the first time Ive rolled with my BF during class. He says he rather me be exposed to other people during class. We always get to roll one-on-one on the weekend anyway. BUT we weren't able to roll on the weekend because of Kesa. Well, I felt him move and he wasn't going his usual intensity, he definitely stepped it up and about a minute in, he got me in an Ezekiel choke and I was too stubborn to tap... and hurt my neck. I would have probably tapped with anyone else, but I have more courage and trust in him, so I always 'open up' alot more than with anyone else. Its my own fault.
Round 4 sat out. My neck was extremely sore and stiff.
Round 5 Blue belt, small dense strong guy, went well, but i knew he was avoiding my neck and going easy...sighhh.
Round 6 Purple belt. He said his neck was hurting too. He let me work on stuff I learned from last week and S mount.
When it was done, I felt like Sh*t. Discouraged. Irritated that I stalled during rolls and blanked. It felt like I took 2 steps back to like a month ago. Poopy poopy rolls. I felt like poo because I let the discouragement of my 'rolls' turn into---> nobody picks me first or hesitates to roll with me, cuz I'm a girl...nobody picks me first cuz I suck...they only pity pick me cuz I'm new...AND I know this isn't true, but one negative thought after a bad experience can snowball until you slap yourself in the face and say 'Wake up Woman!!' don't be retahrd.
I'm just a little discouraged is all. And I know, with like any sport, you have to accept that there is going to be those bad days, so don't get yourself down and look forward to choosing to make the next better!
I dont feel like editing this right now, so please excuse the bad blogging- spelling etc...
Heh - so much easier with guinea pigs, though they also eat their own poo (then again, it's only vegetables).
ReplyDeleteI like dogs, but seems like a huge commitment. We used to have them when I was a child, but the last one was well over a decade ago.
As long as you give them plenty of hay, a couple of runs in the garden and the odd bit of veg through the day, guinea pigs are happy. :)
Hahah! She's definitely like a hyper little ADD child right now. At least guinea pigs don't chew on shoes, or ANYTHING they can get their mouths around...
ReplyDelete0_o
Yeah, not many worries with chewing stuff when it comes to guinea pigs, except wires. So as long as you don't let them near your laptop or TV, it's all good. :)
ReplyDelete