My few frustrations are with passing open guard. I've learned over the past week, a few different ways to get the opponents legs out of the way, but this doesn't always work with every situation. Its not the technique-its me---> It will be a matter of practice-trial error. Repetition. Consistency. If it doesn't work-try something else.
Sprawl, hug the legs, use your head, walk your legs on toes- or knees to get side control. Bulldoze the legs over, thread your arm under one legs and bulldoze the 2 to the ground- get side control. Just grab the knees and slam the legs to the ground and pass to side-knee on belly. Pull one leg under the knee or calf to you while step pass it tight towards their hips-rips- knee on belly. Pin a leg, they turn, pin the other, frustrate them. Pin and sprawl, put your weight on it...bazillion ways to do it.... Just get those freaking legs out of my way...ughhh.
I decided that this week, I am going to work on one main thing plus a few other little things while rolling.
1-More pressure-crush-head control.
2-More sprawling-stay close to ground-base pyramid
3-Try and get to back.
A bunch of guys from the club are going to the Pan Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi Championship in New York this weekend
http://www.ibjjf.org/

I would have loved to just go and watch, but Im waiting on my passport to get to me...might just get it in time to go...we will see.

Love the frustration picture. I've been in the slump for the past two weeks - both with bjj & crossfit. I'm hoping the slump is over now - tonight's Crossfit WOD was my best in a while & I finally mastered 6 double unders in row.
ReplyDeleteNice job on the double unders!! :)
ReplyDeleteMy slump in the gym is brutal, haven't been to Pierre's since we got the puppy :(
BJJ is honestly, slowly taking over my other interests...hmmmm ;)
I know I need to get back and do some crossfit-endurance-lactic acid type stuff!
The lactic acid I get in my legs during drills is crazy silly O_o