Thursday, October 07, 2010

 Saturday
 Went in for open mat. My BF and I were there for about 3 hours. We went over a bunch of Omoplata escapes and setups.  One of my problems seems that I have a hard time spinning on my back and creating that nice balence- fulcrum to spin smoothly on....  It was fun until we were into our 3 or 4 roll. I just got frustrated again... he tends to pick on me to get me all fired up...some days it works like a charm and its funny, some other days--meehhhh not so much fun more like I want to punch him in the N*ts and call him a d*ck.


Monday
Regular gym = Not Pierre's.

I hate this gym, its very corporate. Lots of girls in full make up, wearing tube tops-belly shirts ... on the gyno machines (hip adductor-abductor machines) talking on cell phones or texting. Then there is the guys, who load the BB with ridiculous weight or do bicep curls in the squat rack... and sit there and talk for 10 minutes or just check out the above girls or, them selves in the mirror every 30 seconds to make sure the pump is still there...then poorly perform whatever said random rep.

Seated cable row
Wu 45X6
70lbsx6
90lbsx6
90lbsx6
90lbsx6
90lbsx6

Behind the neck (seated backwards) Lat pulldown
Wu 45x6
60lbsx6
75lbsx6
75lbsx6
75lbsx6

Plate loaded Bent Over Row with BB (underhand)
Waited for mister biceps to step out of rack.
90lbsx6
115lbsx6
115lbsx6
115lbsx6
115lbsx6

Front squat
Wu bar =45lbs
115x6
135x6
145x6
150x4
155x4



My BF asked me to join his class at the College, but I was just not feeling it. I stayed home and finished watching Season 1 of True Blood.



Tuesday

Finally feeling better.  I hope it sticks for tonights class.
Intermediate class. 
Our purple belt instructor was there, but stayed on the sidelines, he just  had knee surgery a few weeks ago :(
Class was taught by our other black belt.  
For warm up we did top series and bottom series drills.
Top: 6x per side. Knee On Belly, Break Dance, weird hop overs, Guard break-stand up.
Botton: 6x per side. Arm Bar, Triangles, Omoplata, various chokes (didnt have time to get to the chokes) 
He kept it simple for class and went over guard breaking and while being in guard, to stay strong...went around and corrected a lot of posture.  Keep our back like a cat and push the person away from you. Tight, hard, locked out on hip. Tight, hard, locked out with elbow lightly turn out, hand with a hefty grip, palm on sternum etc.
Also how to pop out of someones guard if they try to climb their legs and hips up for arm bar-triangles etc.  Pop up- shoot our hips out -and pull your arms in tight to your sides. This should throw your opponent hips up and out of the way so that you can gain control...

Advanced class
Our regular black belt was back! He and his wife had a baby...2 weeks ago?
We went over a spinning choke from half guard or option to turn it into a regular cross choke(?) 
Rolled for 30-35 minutes.
First roll with a White belt.  He is the one that was always getting me with stupid spider guard. He didn't this day. We always ended with me on top and him on his his side.  at one point i got him in my guard and he stood right up and couldn't shake me off, he tried pinching his knees together and did a little shimmy...didn't work...HAha suckah..I got big strong legs from squats!  I just stepped off and we reset because it was just stalling. 
Second roll with a purple belt, he corrected the way I was hooking over his arm while he was in my guard.  Just make sure you lean to one side-hips to one side, it creates an awkward angle for him to pull out his arm- if I was to stay straight = much easier to yank his arm out. He let me work for a triangle fron there. He is also very small--probably just as short as me.  So it was nice to get some tips from a shorter limbed person.
Third was with a blue, he is so slippery and rolly poly, armbarred me like 4 times.  I tried to complete a Bow and Arrow choke...struggled with keeping my hooks in at first and then getting that lapel under his chin...
Fourth was with a new guy, he had no gi.  He tried to get my in some sort of back choke, but his elbow wasn't in my throat properly..so I just gritted my teeth and eventually tapped from just being uncomfortable lol.  The tables turned and I caught him in a rear choke and he tapped. 
I don't think there was a fifth roll...

I felt refreshed and NOT frustrated. 

It t'was a good day :)


Wednesday
I was going to go to my BF class, but I just need more 'alone' time. Stayed home and watched some of season 2 of True blood, washed the gis,and duvet---> Kesa snuck into the bedroom and she peed on the bed!
Caught her mid pee :( GRRRRRrrrr. 


No comments:

Post a Comment