Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Babies babies babies. Last Tuesdays was our Advanced class instructors last day as he was having a BABY on Friday! It is the second baby for them, and he was born healthy and happy.   We also have a Purple belt who is expecting a baby boy  in just a few short weeks!  If you saw his wife at 7-8 months you would not  think she was very pregnant, shes so petite!  She is only starting to look it now, tee-hee!

Thursdays  Advanced class for me,  sucked.  The volumes ladders I did on Wednesday completely shot my system. Sluggish, worn out and stiff. My legs are just now...starting to not feel tender from the million body weight squats I did.  Side note: Do you guys remember that video of Cris Cyborg training?! Awesome, all that work with the heavy ropes and sledgehammer-tire combo. Love it, wanna try some fun things like that.
Thursday advanced class, we had a completely different Purple belt lead class. We did  a few different warm ups on top of the regular various rolls and shrimps. One in particular I remember because my tris were ALSO shot, was laying on your belly with your legs off the ground, head up, hands to your sides, palms facing back and push your self forward with only your arms--> like a Sea lion.  Did those 2x down the mats. yark.
After warn up we went straight to king of the mat...I got crushed by a little 14yo. sigh...
Technique-->I'm sorry I can't describe in detail what techniques we went over, as its been a few days and my mind is fuzzy. We went over a few chokes from side control. Mostly what did stick with me, was a cool trick to eliminate one arm to open up the person for various chokes that can transition into an armbar.
I chose to sit out on our last roll of the class, I was just too burnt.
Friday we skipped open mat to pick up Kesa! Kesa as in...Kesa gatame! Yes..I know... cheezy! BUT.. she came into our lives as I started BJJ and my relationship with my BF is flourishing..I thought it would be a good way to mark the special time in our lives.

Monday I went o my BF's class at the college.  We warmed up with various jogging, rolls, break falls and shrimps. He had them work on armbar from guard (from last week) and kimura.  The two girls really like having another girl there, they always jump to ask to practice with me!  They are so timid! I feel like an big Ogre, rough and tumble.  lol sigh...

Today will be intermidiate and advanced class. Im looking forward to it. Acouple of days off and I allready feel like a major lazy bum.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to socialize Kesa, shes scared out of her whits when we meet strangers in our building, I think I m ight be bringing her into work with her crate on Friday.  She is bound to get lots of attention here!

I pouring out and I didn't bring a lunch today. Poop.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment