Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This post has nothing to do with BJJ

Every few years, I get really stir crazy.  I get the urge to see what else is out there for a career. 
Ive been working in the Animation industry for close to 8 years now.  Ive gone from a junior animator to a senior animator, animation supervisor and even director once.  Along the way I have  been responsible for training new recruits fresh out of school and  recently even had the opportunity to go abroad and teach the software that we currently use at our studio.

 Almost 2 years ago I took a break during a bit of down time between contracts and decided that it was a perfect time to see if there was anything else out there for me...I took on Personal training at a local chain gym.  I LOVED IT! but the money was absolutely terrible (big chain gym takes 75% of your session rate...I charge 55$ per hour session, I see about 20$ before taxes) and I ran myself into debt very fast.  About 6 months of suffering, trying to make money doing something that I enjoyed so much...I had to give it up and I came back to my current career.  It is a STABLE, STEADY 9-5 salary job.  I do enjoy it very much and I am good at what I put my mind to.  But something is just missing, I feel unhappy and unsatisfied. Am I not stimulated, not challenged? Often I find myself day dreaming of going back to school, but what would I do? What on earth would I take?  I go back to school and run myself into more debt??!  That really doesn't seem appealing. I would love to teach animation, I would love to go work for that company that contracted me out and sent me away to teach for a month...But I keep finding really stupid excuses...


My BF has one year left of University, he says that is the perfect time to make this shift...to just hold on another 8 months, pay off as much as my debts as possible...and then the window will be wide open for us to make a change together.

We discussed a few things...
-Both go teach English abroad for 6 months
-Go to Brazil for a month or 2.
-Just go travel for 4-6 months and explore




Now, I really just have to wait another 8 months and I have a feeling there will be some amazing and exciting changes, I can not wait for this change!!







(What is wrong with us that we don't or cannot seem pursue the things we really want....I feel like I'm just pissing my life away just dreaming of the things I know in my heart that I would love to do because the current situation is just easier and more stable. I have this internal struggle...this desire to do something different but I just can't do it.) I need to get rid of this negative bad attitude is what is wrong! lol





..

No comments:

Post a Comment