Monday, October 17, 2011

First tournament.

Gold.
I participated in my first competition this weekend.  Our team had 2 girls and 5 boys fighting. 
I was a little stressed about making weight as I wanted to be on the higher weight end of my bracket, so unfortunately I had to quit the boozing (sigh....) for a few weeks to shed a few pounds.  The cap of the bracket was 129 with an allowance of 1lbs over . Weigh ins were right before your first match (with gi) I made weight at 127.6! 
I had 2 fights, both ended with a choke submission within the 5 minute round.  First was Ezekiel from mount and  the second was X choke from high guard. 

Overall I think it was super fun and a great first tournament as it was pretty small (400 competitors).  I was so nervous before my fights, I was so scared to let my teammates and my boyfriend down ( I know they wouldn't care if I lost or won, but..you know how it is...) But once the match starts, its beast mode.  I can honestly say that I will be looking forward to doing it again... now that I know how it feels.


My best girlfriend came and got my fights on HD :)
I am a little scared to see how spazzmaticI looook!

No comments:

Post a Comment