Friday, June 10, 2011

Thursday

Lifting
First day back to Pierre's after 6 weeks off of strength training. Four weeks were due from being in Paris, one was from getting ready/time crunch before leaving and last week was just because I wanted to spend that extra time with my BF after not seeing him for a month.

Coach decided we would go easy and we did a nice slow ramp to one rep max back squats.

20kg
40kg
50kg
80kg
85kg
87kg
90kg fail
90kg with knee straps
95kg with straps, fail

Work down sets
70kg x 3
70kg x 3
70kg x 3


There are a surprising number of girls at Pierre's, I would almost say that 75% of Pierre's club consists of girls...Its VERY cool.  When I got there there was a new girl, or rather I never seen her before.  The girls there are STRONG, like mega strong.  Its very inspiring and makes me want to go back to hard training 4x week...just to see what I could accomplish.  I wish there was more time in the day for lifting and BJJ....I wish training was my ONLY job. 



BJJ
Beginners Class.
Working on breaking posture in guard and working for triangle. Posture in guard and escape triangle.
2x4 minute rounds of rolling, top must pass guard, bottom must submit or sweep.

Advanced Class
Breaking guard, standing and a few sweeps from the bottom as the the person is standing.
Rolling, I tried something different today...I went in with a goal, the goal was just to control.
It worked with the newer guys, but not so much with the anyone higher = pretty much got smooshed as usual.
But the good thing was the light bulb that went off that was ***go in with an actual goal, fight for that goal = so much better than just a blank mind which = inefficient use of training time*** Duh...so simple.  I feel like such a dummy sometimes lol.





 .

No comments:

Post a Comment