Last Fall, I had decided to switch gears and go from Olympic style lifting and Powerlifting to Crossfit type lifting. Once we got the puppy, all of that pretty much fell through and I had to stop going to Pierre's all together. I decided to see the silver lining:
-More money in my pocket
-More time with the BF
-More quality time to focus on BJJ
-Take a much needed break
-See how my body composition would change
In the 6-7 months:
-I dropped +10lbs
-I lost my squatting bubble butt----> not happy about that one.
-My quads shrunk noticeably
-I paid off my Orthodontist
-Paid off a chunk of my Visa
-Fell in Love with BJJ
-Learned a quite a bit about myself.
A few weeks ago, one of the Purple belts approached me about Oly lifting, so I obviously sent him Pierre's way. It got me surprisingly jealous. 'What!? someone else at the club might be Oly lifitng, and I am NOT?!? '
No, not happening.
After MUCH thought and a well deserved break from any heavy- consistent lifting (KBells dont count!) I've decided to go back to Pierre's.
Yesterday was my first day back. Pierre took no time(or pity) in throwing me back in. I hit the ground running with Snatches and 1RM front squats.
Wu and playing around with some
Hang Snatch, Power Snatch and Full Snatch.
Bar
25kg
30kg
35kg
37kg
35kg
30kg
etc.
Front Squats
15kg x1
35kg x1
55kg x1
65kg x1
75kg x1
80kg x1
82kg x1
75kg x2
75kg x2
75kg x2
I must say that I am very pleased and surprised at how much strength the front squats still had after taking such a long break. Pretty neat!
BF picked me up and we headed to BJJ. I had every intention of hitting up Beginners class before Advanced, but Pierre's took a little longer than I thought. We are working on Butterlfy for a month or so. Last few weeks we been working up to a few things. Basic sweep to Kesa and working off and from that in many different directions. But last night we worked on the simple sweep but if the person tries to defend and lunges - posts a leg to stop the sweep - then the sweeper scoots under their legs to stretch them out - then kinda do a Turkish getup and regain control. For the Life of me I could not get this darn getup. I couldn't stretch out my partner enough to switch their weight off me. I was getting upset. We modified it, worked around it, used a little more X guard type leg stuff and finally it started making sense. Grrrrr. I felt so...dummy :(
Last bit of class was rolling 4x 5 min rounds. All rolls were terrible. I couldn't focus. My mind was foggy. I'm going to blame it on the 1RM squats before class. My system was shot!! I swear it!!
LINKS FOR SLIDEY!!!!
Cool - thanks!
ReplyDeleteNot exactly Sci-fi, fantasy animation haha! More kiddie,cutesy fun. Still tricked you into watching it ;P
ReplyDelete