Friday, January 14, 2011

Wednesday Thursday

Wednesday

Yup, as predicted, the girls did not come back for the Thai class or the BJJ class.  Am I surprised? No. :(
But the guys who are competing on Saturday needed a full regular class anyway, so it work out.

WU: Usual of various jogs, shrimps, rolls, drags etc.
Technique: Shoulder pressure and half guard escape.
Brown belt from the club came to join the class at the start of technique. I paired up with him.  He added in a few things, like when you get to 100kg, you can control the person's inside arm by flattening it out with your shin. You can continue to hold it with your shin-leg and be slick and switch it between your legs, depending on what you wanna do. Something to keep in mind.
Position and movement drills: 5x 5 minutes
First: Brown belt buddy, rolled with him the day before and he just tossed me around like a little mouse.  He said, that the day before, he was trying to get a fire going, trying to get me wound up. It was starting to work, I said that I honestly appreciate it, and that it was good even if I looked discouraged. Tap tap tap.
Second: Chokemasterzilla. He is tiny, but his legs are like vice grips. He had me in guard and went to throw a triangle up- I pulled my arm out and postured up before he got his legs crossed but he took my neck anyway and squeezed the heck out of it- I had to tap. Then later he got me in an armbar and cranked it.  I've come to the realization that I quit being shy about asking people to tone it down.   I asked him to not crank armbars when he gets them, he apologized.
Fourth: Stupid body triangles. Gotta ask my BF how to get out of those.
Fifth: Caught in a choke from behind- even with scooping low, facing the elbow, trying to get my chin under and prying it off- still didnt work against the strenght :(
Brown belt showed the class a few little things to help get out of those after class.
After rolls, I played guinea pig as my BF went over the point system and refreshed on a few escapes.

Thursday
We were both exhausted.  I wanted to go to beginners class, my bf wanted to skip it, take a nap and go to Advanced.  I knew that If I laid down, that I wouldn't be getting up.  I tried to bribe him to come to beginners class with chocolate chip cookies.  It didn't work and we slept right through until a phone call from my mom woke me up at  8.

No comments:

Post a Comment