Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tuesday

Beginners class

Late- got there right on the hour.  I make a habit of wearing my shorts and rash guard under my clothes, it makes for a quick change into  Gi.
Warm up: Bunny hops over the person who is laying on their belly. One minute rounds 2x each.
10 standups per side. 10 knee on belly pass per side.
Technique: Went over same thing as last week, Scissor sweep and Flower sweep.  I have been pairing up with the only other girl in class.  We both felt a bit off on the sweeps. I kept getting my leg caught under her- the leg she gets swept over-  I would go to sweep her, then it would snag and I couldn't sweep her properly all the way over.
Rolling: Only for about the last 10 minutes of class. First, I cant remember.
Second was with a big white belt, I have really been struggling lately while under someone - I am not bridging strong enough and I am not shrimping fast enough. It is really tough feeling helpless under someone who is 60-80lbs heavier than you --- and they are just pancaking you.  Maybe I should try not allowing myself to get under big people, on the other hand, maybe I should.  I should try to put myself where I am most uncomfortable and really work on that weakness.


Advanced Class
Wu: various jogs, rolls, breakfalls. Robot legs, then a couple of drills around, regaining  guard-getting back in front of someone while on your butt-back-- while someone is standing and trying to pass.
Technique: no Technique
Rolling: 7 rounds of 7 minutes.
First: Big white belt, he is the guy who almost hurt me a few months ago. First time I rolled with him, he was very aggressive-rough-yanking-cranking and shoving on things.  Today it wasn't so bad, I think I might be getting a little desensitized as my BF has been rolling somewhat more hard- mean- no pity with me- beating me up lol.  I told myself that I was not going to give him the opportunity to get on top and crush me( like all the other guys do).  After a few minutes, and getting swept,  I got to his back and became a living back pack.  I did not let go, he would get half out and I would weasel my way back on and stay there.  He was frustrated and that made me a very happy little girl.
Second: Tall lanky blue.  He always just flattens me right out, he is like sticky toffee, I'm not going anywhere. Hes skinny, but he knows exactly where to put his weight to be heavy as heck.  Resistance is futile.
Third: Purple. I am always, nervous and doubt myself when I am not familiar rolling with someone. He was really helpful and pointed out a few things.  As we were going, I got to mount and he just let me do whatever...I wanted to work for things so,  I asked him to try harder and fight lol.
Fourth: With my BF. Crushed, what can I say. I really need to work on controlling the legs-inside knee grips before I storm through and get all tangled up and in trouble.  I keep hitting a brick wall. 
Fifth: Brown. He kept tossing me around. Knocking me over, and over...and over. I felt like a little mouse. At least he made me realize my balance is wayyyy off...I need to work on being solid,sturdy, pyramid, base.
Sixth: Black. He let me work triangles and bottom escapes.

Conclusion- thoughts: Need to become more explosive and fast on bottom, to get my knees in after shrimping.  Need to work on being balanced and not leaning over for whatever reason.  CONTROL the darn legs, control grips, don't worry about the upper body when you have legs... all up on your face.  Maintaining position, control position- don't be greedy = sloppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment