I tried to drag my BF to open mats Friday, but he just couldn't with his workload. He agreed-promised he would go with me on Saturday instead.
Saturday
We went in shortly after 11, there were a lot of people in, some doing Thai, some doing BJJ.
We warmed up with light rolling, and it turned into him showing me a few details on a triangle transition sweep dealio. We worked on that then he got bored and we went back to regular rolling. He took a little breather to talk with someone off mat, and one of the other guys asked if I wanted a few ideas for passing my BF's open guard. We tried a few things, then talked about it for a bit. I mentioned that I get discouraged sometimes, that my biggest fear is to regress. With so much information being put out there, It becomes difficult to try and retain it all. He had a few points about BJJ as a newbie---> Don't beat your self up, there is a lot of information to take in, there will always be more to learn, don't get too caught up on trying to remember everything, as long as you leave a class remembering one thing. For now...pick one thing and work hard on it(omoplatas, triangles, sweeps, chokes etc.) Don't try to perfect everything at once. It will come. Enjoy the process...always remember why you started BJJ---its supposed to be fun.
People were leaving so I started rolling with another blue, while my BF went with one of his favorite blues. Nothing eventful in my rolls, just trying to get comfortable again, defending random chokes and armbars. I noticed my BF and blue sitting out. Turns out BF toe nail got caught in the mats, and got pulled up pretty bad. The rest of Saturday afternoon was spent in the ER to get his toenail pulled out. He now has a naked bare toe.
The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning and cooking.
Monday
BF's class.
Wu: Various shrimps, rolls, jogs.
Technique: Bottom person--->Strong bridge, shrimp, regain guard.
Top person---> Work on keeping the person pinned with 100kg, kesa gatame-reverse kesa gatame.
Position and movement drills: 8(?) 4 minute rounds. Start in 100kg. 2 minutes sent on top, 2 minutes spent on bottom.
No comments:
Post a Comment