Yesterday I went to Pierre's for a quick workout.
I think he could sense that Ive been getting a little frustrated with C&J and snatch lately and just decided to let me lift some heavy sh*t! :)
LIFT 1: Deadlift x1
105KG goal--->neeeed to get to at least 135 by winter!
LIFT 2: Shoulder Press x1
37.5kg
LIFT 3: Deep Squat jumps with bar x 10
15KG
ASSISTANCE: Bent Over Row x5x5
50KG
My BF picked me up after and we were supposed to go to BJJ but he had done 2 days in a row. (after 2-3 weeks on and off) BUT he said he was just really exhausted.
Anyways, he is really sweet, he will do his advanced classes Tuesday and Thursday but will come do beginners class with me on Mondays and Weds then roll with me for an hour or 2 afterward to get 'one on one' feedback questions etc.
Background: I just started BJJ about 2 months ago, I had to BEG my boyfriend to let me try.
Let me explain...
He said that in the past that he had always been extremely excited, happy and willing to share his passion of BJJ with friends, but it always seemed that when he OR even the others guys from the club brought their GF's that it would fail miserably. The GF's/friends simply lost interest and it became very disappointing and kinda heartbreaking, blah blah blah...so needless to say he was VERY hesitant to introduce me to it properly. I think he realized that I would take it seriously after I threatened that if he didn't... that I would to join a different Club and that we would become mortal enemies lol.
The reason why I wanted to try BJJ is because it is completely out of my comfort zone, I am intimidated by it, its definitely NOT easy and def does not come naturally to me----> I constantly need a goal, to be challenged or I get bored.
I absolutely love training with my husband - it brings us closer.
ReplyDeleteI'm discovering the same thing!
ReplyDeleteIts really exciting to be able to talk to him about BJJ and to pick his brain about ideas-techniques etc. It great to be able to do something good mentally-physically for ourselves 'together'
Haha! It sounds cheesy, but feel really happy and kinda special that he was able to open up and share something that means a lot to him. <3
:D