Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tuesday

ughhh Im so tired.
Slept like a rock last night.

We went to intermediate class last night. We reviewed what we touched on last week: arm bar escapes from bottom and guard. I couldn't really practice my right arm, my rotator cuff is still stiff. My range of mobility is kinda shot, can barely fold my arm behind my back. I pretty sure that it is a resurfacing injury that I haven't treated properly from Oly lifting last winter. I wasn't able to get my Jerk #'s up, my right side kept giving out from pain..so I was kinda lop sided. I was doing remedial work, but like an idiot, once I started to feel good again I stopped...dunmmy.

Anyways, I suppose if I want to continue to have healthy shoulders, I should invest in some bands and do some stretching before-after on a regular basis(especially if I continue to get my limbs ripped off from BJJ ha!) Id like to get some foam rollers too.
I REALLY want invest in a few puzzle mats for the second bedroom in the apt. I suppose about 400$ worth. It would be fun! I could roll with my BF at home ;)
If you have any suggestions please chime in...

http://www.tatami-mats.com/puzzle.php

Back to last night, after going over technique we rolled from the arm bar position and took the rolls from there. First roll was with BF second and third were with the same purple belt as earlier last week. He let me try-hash out a bunch of stuff, super encouraging. Its funny I keep getting paired with him, I wonder if anything of it has to do with that---> hes prolly only 10lbs heavier than me and maybe only 5'3. After class, I stuck around and sat on the side, waited for the BF to finish advanced class.

I left feeling good, but really bummed. I get frustrated because I know that if I want to get better and understand what I need to do... I need to get a lot more practice, get rolls with different people in and most importantly remember that great things don't happen over night so enjoy the journey ;)
I remember while I was in College for animation, our Profs would repeatedly say ...that in order to have one good drawing you have to produce a THOUSAND bad drawings...kinda the same idea, no??

No comments:

Post a Comment