I participated in an Agatsu Level 1 Kettlebell Certification a couple of weeks ago, I am proud to say I survived a weekend of 16+ hours of kettlebell training and I am now a Level 1 certified Kettlebell Instructor!
The weekend was pretty fun, and pretty tiring. At the end of day one, they put us through the Chrissy workout...which I knew had to be coming...and was dearly dreading.
30 Burpees
20 Kettle Bell swings
25 Burpees
25 Kettle Bell swings
20 Burpees
30 Kettle Bell swings
15 Burpees
35 Kettle Bell swings
10 Burpees
40 Kettle Bell swings
5 Burpees
45 Kettle Bell swings
I finished it in just over 21 minutes. I was also the last one to finish...lol. I suck.
The level 2 certification is only held once per year. Once in Los Angles, CA, once in Toronto, ON and once in Ireland...and might I say...it looks pretty tough...
Trainers should be prepared to do some or all of the following:
15 pullups = 90% (Women 10 pullups for 90% and 15 for 100%)
20 pullups = 100%
10 pistols = 100%(Per leg)
15 ring pushups = 100% for men (10 = 100% for women)
20 knees-to-elbows = 90%
25 knees-to-elbows = 100%
2:25 = 75% 3:00 = 100% Bridge
5 min snatch test with 24kg KB (Women can use 16KG)
100 snatches would be 100% - Only one hand switch
2 Kettlebells 24kg jerks for max reps (Women can use 16KG)
25 = 90%, plus 1% per rep, so 35 = 100%
After this weekend I decided to start setting some goals...nothing crazy, nothing that will drive me nuts doing, but something I know I can enjoy and not beat myself up over.
I am going to start with something very simple and attainable. I am also going to commit to logging it all so that I can hold myself accountable...and put this blog to use! lol
March 19 to April 19 ish
- 30 days of clean eating. This will be easy as I all ready eat clean 90% of the time
- No booze. This is the hard one. You see...I like beer...no, no...you don't understand...I...love...beer. I had to spend one more night with it last night...not to say 'goodbye' but rather..'see ya later'.
- Kettlebells every Tuesday and Thursday and Sunday.
- 10 strict pull ups by day 30.
- 10 pistol squats per leg by day 30.
Current training schedule for BJJ:
Monday
7:00-8:00pm Boyfriend's Gi class
8:30-10:00pm Gi class at the club
Tuesday
Will be Kettlebells
Wednesday
7:00-8:00pm Boyfriend's No Gi class
8:30-10:00pm Gi class at the club
Thursday
Will be Kettlebells
Friday
OFF
Saturday
9:30am Open mat BJJ
Sunday
9:30 Sometimes this is open mat...depends on who feels like going/opening.
Will be Kettlebells
Seems pretty simple, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment