Monday, August 08, 2011

One year.

Its been coming up on a year since I was introduced to BJJ.
There are a few small things I noticed in the past year ..some of the things I all ready knew and some that I was slightly surprised about

- I like it...more than lifting
- I can absolutely not train in both sports with the same intensity and attention that I have given power lifting of Oly lifting in the past. (one of the black belts warned me that this would happen---that there could only be...one)  I've tried  to do this over and over again in the past year.  I felt immensely guilty about periodically putting lifting on the back burner...then I feel guilted into going back and sticking with it... but in the end I had to do what was making me happier.  I've had to choose one, I chose BJJ.
- I don't bring 'work stress' home anymore (this was a very big realization for me as it had been a huge issue for me for sometime now.)
- I actually feel good mentally.  Is this happiness and some sort of balance that I have finally found?!?
- I feel good physically. (most of the time)
- I eat what I want, when I want and don't feel guilty ( I generally eat very clean anyways )
- It has really strengthened the bond between my BF and I.  I feel so happy that we have found each other.
- I want to train all the time, I don't find excuses not to go...I find reasons TO go and drag my BF with me.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i just found your blog. It's weird. i'm kind of the opposite of you. I have been training bjj for 4 years, and i am just now getting into power lifting:) I've been lifting for the past month and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby :)

    Power lifting is a lot of fun and very addictive!
    My lifting has been on break for a while, but the little lifter voice in the back of my head has been calling back at me lately. I feel the break might be over soon :P

    ReplyDelete