Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wednesday No Gi

Ughhhh.  I really did not want to go to class Wednesday.  The couch looked so comfortable... and the chocolate ice cream mini cake sitting in the freezer was  taunting me with its delicious, chocolaty, cookie goo.  I actually did not end up eating it and I dragged my lazy ass to class.
I taped up my hand pretty good and also one of my second last toes...It is sprained pretty bad, I think it happened a few weeks ago when we first started the Butterfly Sweep stuff...pushed off the foot really hard and one toe just stuck to the mat without the support of the surrounding toes.  
Brown belt was back for today's class.  They (bf & Brown belt) worked on taking the back, half back and holding it again today.  

After Technique 15 minutes of King of the Mat and 3x5 minute rolls.
Nothing exciting, but I made a conscious decision to ATTACK after my first roll, and tapped one of the better guys with a arm triangle type dealio---was in mount, got his head and arm then slouched off to the side and sunk really really low and tight...not sure it was the best thing to do...but at the time, going to S Mount, Arm Bar or Americana wasn't really working...besides I just wanted to see if it was possible to pull off...  I was pretty happy about that.  I think that is my weeks highlight!  

After class Mr. Brown belt was showing a few guys some half guard options...kinda using the guys legs against him by using it as leverage to roll him over and take his back...pretty nifty and slick looking, I hope I get to try it out!

Tonight is going to be Clean and Jerks + Back Squats!
I love the Clean part, not so much the Jerk.  I have problems locking out my arms...still.   T_T.


No comments:

Post a Comment