I tried rolling with my new hair on Sunday.
It is so much better!
I don't have to pin it up, pull it back, and I'm only using about half the amount of shampoo and conditioner, its been nice.
Sunday
We decided to go to the Club on Sunday, as Saturday I had to go into work. We haven't really had a chance to just roll with each other lately. About 30 minutes into it, one of the guys from my BF's No-Gi class showed up, so we all ended up taking turns rolling with each other. I'm not going to lie, at first I was a little turned off to the idea of rolling with this guy ---> 200lbs guy + vs a 120lbs girl = Recipe for smashy smash, but it was really fun and I didn't get spazzed on or hurt.
Monday
No class at the college.
Tuesday
Beginners
Wu: Bottom series drills: 2 minutes each, armbar, triangle, omoplata, kimura.
Technique: Break posture, use partners lapel to clamp them down, then a sweep.
Focus on shooting the leg straight before rolling them over for a cleaner sweep.
My focus was to keep them tight to me, and to get my partner 'loaded' up on me- me trying to get back under them before attempting the sweep.
Rolling: Few minute rounds starting from guard. I have a new partner, the girl who's BF is abroad. Man she is petite, but when she turns it on...it is on. She tapped me twice during rolls, an armbar and lapel choke. Its really great having someone your own size and around each others skill level, you can work hard. I am looking forward on learning how to be small and sneaky like her.
I was totally pooped after the few rounds with her.
Advanced
Wu: Jogging, then random movements...idk
Technique: Simple open guard pass, sliding the knee through, then option for person on bottom to stop the knee from coming in and onto the floor. Grab that knee and drop your elbow to the floor- he can no longer push it through (because your elbow and tricep is glued to the floor) then hook your foot on the foot belonging to the partner's kneeling knee, then sneak into an x guard, grab the person's far arm high tricep and sweep.
Rolling: 35-45 minutes. Nothing special. Not a lot of people for this class, most didn't stick around for advanced, I was the only white. Rolled with Big purple, he was just being a bully lol, all in good fun--->got flattened, foot locked twice, wrist lock all in one roll. I also rolled with a different purple, think it might have been the first time we went together, I always blank out if I'm rolling for the first time with a 'higher' person , I start doubting myself- second guess everything I do.
I think we are going to try and go into the club tonight as my BF's classes are done for the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment